Job Description for a Chair
Add these specific elements to the standard template
- Leading the committee and the organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
- To ensure an effective relationship between:
- the committee and the staff/volunteers
- the committee and the external stakeholders/community
- Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
- To supervise and support the head of staff.
- Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
- Chair committee meetings ensuring:
- A balance is struck between time-keeping and space for discussions.
- Business is dealt with and decisions made.
- Decisions, actions and deliberations are adequately minuted.
- The implementation of decisions is clearly assigned and monitored.
- Ensure adequate support and supervision arrangements are made for the head of staff and any other staff/volunteers directly managed or reporting to the committee.
- Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
- A willingness to lead the organisation
- Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
- Possesses relevant knowledge
- Has the relevant skills to run a meeting well.