You can download the 9 Qualities Trustee Code of Conduct in Word format here.
All Trustees of NameOfMyOrganisation strive to:
- be committed to the purpose, objects and values of the organisation
- be constructive about other trustees’ opinions in discussions, and in response to staff members’ contributions at meetings
- be able to act reasonably and responsibly when undertaking such duties and performing tasks
- be able to maintain confidentiality on sensitive and confidential information
- be supportive of the values (and ethics) of the organisation
- understand the importance and purpose of meetings, and be committed to preparing for them adequately and attending them regularly
- be able to analyse information and, when necessary, challenge constructively
- be able to make collective decisions and stand by them
- be able to respect boundaries between executive and governance functions
* The term Trustee is used throughout as this code is derived from the 9 Qualities listed in the National Occupational Standards for Trustees. You may substitute the term your organisations uses, such as Executive Committee Member, Board Member etc.
Governance Pages, 2009