(You can download a copy of this Basic Committee Member Code of Conduct here.)
- Strive to attend all meetings, sending apologies to the chair for necessary absences.
- Prepare for the meeting by reading the agenda, papers and any emails before the meeting.
- Talk to the chair before the meeting if you need to clarify anything.
- Arrive on time. Stay to the end.
- Participate fully in the meeting;
- Listen to what others have to say and keep an open mind.
- Contribute positively to the discussions.
- Try to be concise and avoid soliloquies.
- Help others concentrate on the meeting. Discourage side conversations.
- Have the best interests of the organisation/beneficiaries in mind at all times
- Draw attention to any potential conflicts of interest that may arise in the meeting.
- Fulfil any responsibilities assigned to you at the meeting and be prepared to report back on your progress at the next meeting.
Governance Pages, 2007